Much of what we see in the news today makes us feel powerless. At the same time, grassroots movements and calls for social change can make us feel powerful.
Keeping that in mind, here is your challenge:
Using words, music, art, video or another creative medium, show how POWER influences your life today and how it inspires you to create change for the future.
- All entries must show how POWER influences your life today and how it inspires you to create change for the future.
- This contest is only open to students who are enrolled in and attend a Bristol, Farmington, or West Hartford, Connecticut high school, or have graduated from a Bristol, Farmington, or West Hartford Connecticut high school in 2018
- Submissions must be received during the entry period and uploaded to the designated portals
- Written submissions must be 750 to 1,000 words in length
- Video and musical submissions must be 4 to 7 minutes in length
- Art and photography submissions must be accompanied by a 300-500 word written or 2-3 minute video explanatory accompaniment
- A $500 prize will be awarded to the winning submission.
- The winner will be selected based on originality of idea, communication of message, and overall creativity.
- All types of submissions will be given equal consideration. No one form of expression/media is preferred or will be given preferential consideration.
How to Enter:
- Click the button at the bottom of this page to fill out an application form and upload your submission.
- Written and art submissions must be uploaded as a PDF file.
- Video and musical submissions must be uploaded as an mp4 or mov file.
- Submissions will be accepted from 10:00am on July 15th, 2018 to 11:59pm on July 31st, 2018
- Submissions will be reviewed from August 1st to August 20th, 2018
- The winner will be announced on August 25th, 2018
- Upon entering this contest, all applicants consent to the use of their entry or any part therein for promotional opportunities including, but not limited to, marketing material, TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, digital, and social media marketing distribution.